Thursday, November 1, 2012

Snippets of This Week

Customer at the seafood counter (to Pam the Seafood Queen): "Are you being nice today?"

Pam, insistently: "Me? I'm always nice."

Customer, with a wink and a sly grin: "Well, if you ever want to be naughty, you just let me know."


(You go, girl.)



********************



Me to Brenda, my advisor at AC: "I'm bored. I think I could handle one or two more classes next semester."

Brenda: "Bored? Hmmm. Well, we can't have that. Let's get you just as stressed out as the rest of us around here." (Hands me a list of FIVE recommended classes! gulp)



********************


Melina, after I tell her my opinion about the nationwide epidemic of women exploring promiscuity and throwing all inhibitions to the wind: "Oh yeah, I agree with ....whatever the fuck you just said."



*******************

Bad Joke of the Week (told by a man):

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

Nothin' you ain't already told her twice.


5 comments:

  1. It's been at least a week since I heard that joke. Loved the seafood banter.

    Never, ever admit to bordum, that way lies ruin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Pam, she's still reeling them in at 54!

      Delete
  2. I've heard that joke a lot lately, it seems that it's very popular all around the globe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's especially popular in the He-Man Woman-Hater's Club I call my workplace.

      Delete