Monday, August 8, 2011

Like a Rockstar!

Gosh.

I'm tired.
I partied like I was in high school all weekend and worked three shifts at work in between. I'm not as young as I used to be, but I held up okay. I slept during red lights. (A girl needs all the beauty rest she can get.)
My 20 year high school reunion kicked off Friday evening and kept right on going, it seems, through Monday.
I had a new grandson just before that.
I gained a few pounds.
Other things happened.
This is the first time I've sat down for any length of time in a few days.
I'd rather be reading, but I'm barely able to keep my eyes open as it is.
I noticed a major spike in my blog stats recently, so I suppose some of my old high school buddies are reading. I think that's pretty cool, but I also think how sad...
I haven't written anything very good or interesting lately...
This photo was taken by Annette Bustillo Watts of the 1991 Tascosa Rebels.

4 comments:

  1. I had wondered where you'd gotten off to until I saw the baby announcement. Those things seem to take up some time, after all. On another subject, I think you might be braver than I; I promised myself never to set foot back in high school, no matter how curious I got, and you've gone to reunions.

    Hope you get marginally caught up on your rest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, sounds like you had fun...a little sleep deprivation is always worth it for some good clean (or even better, not so clean) fun! heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Robbie, even the idea of a reunion scares me. It looks like you had a blast though. I love the "other things happened." This is how I feel most days. :)

    Hope you feel more rested soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie, I wasn't planning on going. Right up to the very moment I stepped foot into the Meet and Greet, I kept telling myself to turn around and RUN!!!!

    Indy and light, It was all good clean fun, as far as I can remember...

    ReplyDelete