Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm Wide Awake Now

This morning I had to take a shower under freezing water. This wouldn't have been so terrible if we had better water pressure in this house, but since we don't, it takes more time to rinse out my long, brown hair. I tried to keep any part of my nicely rounded body that wasn't being actively washed out of the stream of water so I wouldn't freeze to death. Lucky for me, it's a hot sticky summer, so the chilly water wasn't such a shock to my system.
I did look funny, though, with my naked hiney sticking partway out of the shower curtain.

The maintenance guy came by. He's old and mostly deaf, so he brought his wife along to translate. I told her what the problem was, and she told him in that way that only wives have of talking to their husbands.

She yelled it into his good ear.

Then he went about fixing the water heater and left us to talk about the new S.J. Watson novel. (I haven't read it, but she recommends it.)
.
.
.

3 comments:

  1. That's a nice little story. I hate showering in cold water, but maybe it's not too bad if you have a hot summer outside. We don't, but not much to do about that. But we have long light nights >:)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very dedicated to your cleanliness, hehe. it would be greasy hair and a ponytail for me and my undedicated lazy self.

    ReplyDelete