Friday, October 22, 2010

Translation

I'm having a difficult time translating the visions in my head into the written word today. I have been staring at the computer screen for just over two hours now, and I have written exactly one sentence. And I don't really like that sentence. I know it's not staying there.
I think the problem is that I'm using the laptop, which is connected to the internet. The internet can be handy for many, many things. It is not a cure for writer's block. Just a distraction.
Case and point- I'm blogging right now. I am NOT writing a book.
I should switch over to the desktop, which is not connected to anything but the wall. It's old. The CD ROM drive doesn't even open anymore, so I won't be distracted by Diablo II.
I have only twenty-two hours before I have to go back to work. I need to make the most of my time. Somebody is lurking around in Titus Harper's back yard in the middle of the day on the very day he leaves his body in pursuit of a more eternal existence in the after-life. What the hell are they looking for? (Even I don't know yet...)
The rain has stopped. Bummer. I tend to write more productively when it rains.

On a completely different note- following in the footsteps of many successful bloggers before me, I'd like to list my three beautiful things now...these are from yesterday. Today just started, so not much to tell.

  1. Big fat rain drops smashing against the metal exhaust cone on my roof, echoing down into the heater on my wall, making crazy music in my bedroom all night.
  2. My happy dog, delighted to be indoors for the day, bouncing off my legs in her excitement.
  3. Video message from my daughter of a humongous rainbow. Hers was bigger than mine, but mine had eighteen seconds of thunder. I think I totally win.

No comments:

Post a Comment