Friday, October 8, 2010

Laundry Day

Somebody was knocking.

I ignored it.

The dog wasn't barking, so the culprit was likey one of my children, or friends of my children, or a niece.


They would just open the door and walk in sooner or later...raid my fridge and escape again without so much as a "Hi, Mom!" or "Aunt Nessa, can I run this load through the washer? Thanks!"

But the knocking persisted.


So I dragged myself away from the book I'm supposed to be writing. Was writing. Except for all that knocking. Very rude. Very distracting.

Opened the door. The BACK door. Because that's the one we use. If they had knocked on the front door, I wouldn't have bothered. Nobody important comes to the front door.

And of course, nobody was there.

So I went back to the book.


And then The Daughter (who moved out of this house two years ago) and the A Niece (who is simply CONTRARY) walk in, with three loads of laundry and a grandchild. MY grandchild.


So I guess I won't be writing much today.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO I'm going to guess that you don't mind the distractions as long as they bring you the grandbaby? Can't say I blame you!

    ReplyDelete