Sunday, May 15, 2011

Please, No Visitors

Why is it so cold in here?

The sky is so blue, and the wind is relatively calm today. I can see the sun through my window. It shines so brightly, and the leaves on the trees are so green. Everything on the outside seems so pleasant.

So why is it so cold?

The air conditioner isn't running, and anyway, it's set to a cozy seventy-eight.

But I'm cold. I need a cuddly blanket to keep me warm. I need to put on socks and find a little space heater. I need to curl up under my comforter and pull my knees into my chest and breathe warm air into the little cave of my bed.

And why is my face so hot?

And why is it so hard to swallow?

And why is the blood rushing through me suddenly so unbearably loud?

My eyes hurt.

My jaw hurts.

Hell, my hair hurts.

I think.
I might.
Be sick.
.
.
.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I don't like the sound of this... when the hair hurts, it's time to rest. Drink lots and lots of fluids. And sleep. And accept all the help you can get. Never say No!
    Hope you're better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. get better soon, miss nessa!
    your audience is waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling much better now. I was pooped out for a few days. Could barely lift my hand to shake the little bell on my nightstand...

    ReplyDelete